Niseema, founder of Dynamic Balance Body Therapy, uses her unique combination of Massage Therapy, Polarity Therapy, Somatic Experiencing ®, Energy Exercises and Homework to help you change your relationship to your body and your life.
The Dynamic Shift:
An intensive 8 week process to manage acute issues. Think of this process as triage where we assess your current state and what needs to be done now to help you get on a path towards healing. This process is goal oriented and short term.
You will take away from this process:
- Effective ways to directly influence your body's response to stressful and overwhelming experiences.
- An ability to listen to your body and it's needs.
"Throughout the 8 weeks we will practice the tools and skills needed to help you begin to dance in an intuitive way with this body of yours. Tools for centering, grounding, boundaries and feeling safe and at ease again in your body. When you feel internal safety you can create and have external safety."
The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP):
The groundbreaking Safe and Sound Protocol, developed by Dr. Steven Porges, stimulates the functioning of the Social Engagement Nervous System by toning the structures of the middle ear to hear the human voice and sounds of safety. This protocol is very effective for individuals suffering with PTSD, ADHD, Misophonia, sound sensitivity, stress and generalized anxiety. The program is one month long and includes the following:
- Intake and History Session with an introduction to nervous system regulation skills. 90 min
- 3 additional sessions to introduce the protocol, test resilience and integrate the process.
- Take home protocol to be completed in 5 consecutive days.
Clients who have used this protocol report:
“There seems to be a better sense of control about my emotions and a sense of balance and calm. It has been extremely rewarding to be more deliberate and aware of my reactions. This change has improved the communication and conflict resolution in some of my most important relationships.”
"I have been enjoying social engagements! Even when there was eating, I have enjoyed many social interactions. Feeling pleased instead of drained. This program produced a deep sense of relaxation. As the days passed, it seemed like doors that had been jammed open got to close and my brain was processing sound in a different way."
The Dynamic Balance Process:
A 6 month process with a more expansive and slower pace is an experience in transformation. The Dynamic Balance Process is a program I offer to clients who struggle with:
Complex Traumas - C-PTSD - PTSD
Chronic Pain - Fibromyalgia - Back Pain - Neck Pain - Chronic Fatgue
Body and Sense Perception - Body Dismorphia - Misophonia - Migraines - Balance - Falling
"As your guide and coach in this process I hold a strong belief in the ability of the human body, mind, heart and soul to heal and come into balance. It is where your whole being wants to be and it is your birthright to feel at home in this world. "
You will come away from this process with:
- A understanding of your body's unique language of SIBAM - Sensation, Imagery, Behavior, Affect and Memory.
- Increase your capacity and resilience by having resourceful experiences. In other words, we are building a bigger box. When you have increased capacity you have the space to release the traumatic energy without it being difficult or terrifying and it can actually be easy, playful, creative, and miraculous.
- You will learn about how the nervous system, musculoskeletal system, and the visceral/organ systems all hold aspects of traumatic experience/memory and how this can be causing a lot of symptoms or syndromes that traditional medicine struggles to treat.
The Dynamic Balance Process Includes:
- Initial Personal History and Intake Session - 2hrs. Setting of treatment goals and process orientation.
- 24 Weekly sessions up to 90min each.
- Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) See details above.
- Email access to Niseema , via private secure client site.
- Weekly process integration and exercise/homework to deepen the current process.
- 3 additional check - in sessions via Zoom
- Copy of “Waking the Tiger” by Peter Levine.
- Personal Trigger Point Massage Ball.
This 6 month process is a perfect complement to psychotherapy in that many issues presented in psychotherapy have a biological origin and can be resolved through body oriented therapies like Somatic Experiencing, Polarity Therapy and Massage.