Dynamic Balance Body Therapy
Sometimes you need someone to hold your tension/pain/stress/trauma for you - so you can feel yourself without it.
When this space is there, between you and your pain/tension/stress/trauma then wisdom and knowing can bubble up to the surface - here are your answers.
I can help you feel what it is like to have more space for YOU to be known by YOU!
Now we have a starting point. We start with building Capacity, Space, and Awareness of a safe container so that the energy that has been trapped in an experience can change and move through a safe space and be directed, consciously, towards healing.
Dynamic Balance Body Therapy integrates Massage Therapy, Polarity Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, Energy Exercises and Homework to help you change your relationship to your body and your life forever.
Dynamic Balance Process: 1 - 90 min session and 6 - 75min sessions weekly.
This 7 week intensive is in essence a foundational training for you and me to learn about how your body is wired to respond to life. We all have basic wiring and sometimes, based on life circumstances, traumas and injuries this wiring gets crossed and confused. This can be the root cause of many problems from chronic pain to chronic anxiety. In these 7 weeks we can begin to get a sense of where the wires are crossed and what is the best way to work with your system. Some clients can move quickly through this process and some need more time. All clients need the support of another human being present and bringing awareness to the process. This is what I will do for you and what you will begin to learn to do for yourself and begin to change your life forever.
What you will take away from this process:
- How you can listen to your body and how you can get to know your body and it's needs.
- You will become an expert in your body's unique language of SIBAM - Sensation, Imagery, Behavior, Affect and Memory.
- Effective ways to directly influence and impact your body's response to stressful and overwhelming experiences.
- Increase your capacity and resilience by having resourceful experiences. In other words, we are building a bigger box. When you have increased capacity, a bigger box, you have the space to release the traumatic energy without it being difficult or terrifying and it can actually be easy, mysterious and miraculous.
- You will learn about how the nervous system, musculo-skeletal system, and the visceral/organ systems all hold aspects of traumatic experience/memory and how this can be causing a lot of 'psychosomatic' symptoms or syndromes that traditional medicine struggles to treat.
Throughout the 7 weeks we will practice the tools and skills needed to help you begin to dance in an intuitive way with this body of yours. Tools for centering, grounding, boundaries and feeling safe again, deeply and solidly safe in your body.
When you feel internal safety you can create and have external safety.
- Sessions will be intended to move toward a specific outcome.
- Homework and Energetic Exercise suggestions.
- Mid-Week email support and reflection.
The Dynamic Shift: An intensive 6 month process. Building on the Dynamic Balance Process to unwind complex traumas and experiences. This 6 month process is a perfect adjunct to psychotherapy in that many issues presented in psychotherapy have a biological origin and can be cleared through body oriented therapies like Somatic Experiencing, Polarity Therapy and Massage.
In these 6 months I will...
- Help you firmly establish a new relationship to your body.
- Empower you with an understanding of your body's healing capacity.
- Encourage forever changewithin the context of your life.
.... and You will:
- Commit to this process of deep change
- Desire a collaborative relationship with your body
- Be open to the possibilities that a shift can bring
The Dynamic Shift includes the following :
Client Assessment and Intention Setting 90 Minute Session
- Focused Intention for the Process
- Detailed Intake with Medical History
- Elemental Astrological Assessment
- Energetic Assessment
- Structural Assessment
- Brief Session Work
Weekly Sessions 75 minutes
- Session Intake
- Session work 45-60min
- Energetic Exercise/ Tools Instruction
- Session Integration
- Dedicated weekly appointment time
- A re-assessment and check-in at 12 weeks.
Contact Niseema to set up an intitial consultation!
About the Modalities I use to help you achieve a
Dynamic Balance in Life.
Polarity Therapy is a holistic form of touch therapy that helps align the positive and negative electromagnetic energies of the body. Polarity Therapy bodywork is intuitive in it’s application can be light, still, calming, balancing, stimulating or deep, encouraging the free flow of energy from head to toe. Polarity Therapy creates space for the body/mind/spirit to speak through felt sensation, memory, images, and emotion. Polarity Therapy also incorporates an assessment of diet and energetic exercises to help the client maintain energy flow between sessions. Click here to view a video of a Polarity Therapy Session. Though or work together may vary from what is seen the video will give you a sense of what Polairty Therapy is and how it can be performed.
Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a newer modality that releases trauma stored in the nervous system; a gentle and profound system of sensation and mindful awareness, developed by renowned trauma specialist Peter Levine PhD. (Waking the Tiger and In an Unspoken Voice).
How SE Works:
SE facilitates the completion of self-protective motor responses and the release of thwarted survival energy bound in the body, thus addressing the root cause of trauma symptoms. This is approached by gently guiding clients to develop increasing tolerance for difficult bodily sensations and suppressed emotions.
SE does not require the traumatized person to re-tell or re-live the traumatic event. Instead, it offers the opportunity to engage, complete, and resolve—in a slow and supported way—the body’s instinctual fight, flight, freeze, and collapse responses. Individuals locked in anxiety or rage then relax into a growing sense of peace and safety. Those stuck in depression gradually find their feelings of hopelessness and numbness transformed into empowerment, triumph, and mastery. SE catalyzes corrective bodily experiences that contradict those of fear and helplessness. This resets the nervous system, restores inner balance, enhances resilience to stress, and increases people’s vitality, equanimity, and capacity to actively engage in life. (Excerpted from www.traumahealing.org)
Massage /Touch Therapy Addresses the physical body with either more traditional techniques releasing tension, pain, injury and stress or with intentional touch to help identify and gently release defensive holding patterns in the body. Defensive holding patterns can arise as coping mechanisms in early life and can be the the origin of chronic pain and tension in the body. Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Polarity based Structural Balancing and Myofascial Release are all used in the work as needed.
Sessions can be conducted in loose comfortable clothing or with modest draping depending on the goals/needs expressed.