Niseema, founder of Dynamic Balance Body Therapy, uses her unique combination of Massage Therapy, Polarity Therapy, Somatic Experiencing, Energy Exercises and Homework to help you change your relationship to your body and your life.
The Dynamic Shift:
An intensive process to manage acute issues. Think of this process as triage where we assess your current state and what needs to be done now to help you get on a path towards healing. This process is goal oriented and short term. The Dynamic Shift is 8 weeks long. The Dynamic Shift can continue as needed in 8 week segments for more complex and chronic issues.
You will take away from this process:
- Learn effective ways to directly influence your body's response to stressful and overwhelming experiences.
- An ability to listen to your body and it's needs.
- Become an expert in your body's unique language of SIBAM - Sensation, Imagery, Behavior, Affect and Memory.
- Increase your capacity and resilience by having resourceful experiences. In other words, we are building a bigger box. When you have increased capacity you have the space to release the traumatic energy without it being difficult or terrifying and it can actually be easy, playful, creative, and miraculous.
- You will learn about how the nervous system, musculo-skeletal system, and the visceral/organ systems all hold aspects of traumatic experience/memory and how this can be causing a lot of symptoms or syndromes that traditional medicine struggles to treat.
Throughout the 8 weeks we will practice the tools and skills needed to help you begin to dance in an intuitive way with this body of yours. Tools for centering, grounding, boundaries and feeling safe and at ease again in your body.
When you feel internal safety you can create and have external safety.
The Dynamic Balance Process:
A 6 month process with a more expansive and slower pace. The Dynamic Balance Process is a program I offer to clients who struggle with complex traumas, chronic pain, and overwhelming experiences. This 6 month process is a perfect complement to psychotherapy in that many issues presented in psychotherapy have a biological origin and can be resolved through body oriented therapies like Somatic Experiencing, Polarity Therapy and Massage.