Dynamic Balance Process
A 6 month intensive process with an expansive and slower pace is an experience in transformation.
The Dynamic Balance Process is for clients who struggle with:
Complex Traumas - C-PTSD - PTSD - Emotional Trauma
Chronic Pain - Fibromyalgia - Back Pain - Neck Pain - Chronic Fatgue
Body and Sense Perception - Misophonia - Migraines - Balance - Falling
"As your guide and coach in this process I hold a strong belief in the ability of the human body, mind, heart and soul to heal and come into balance. It is where your whole being wants to be and it is your birthright to feel at home in this world. "
You will come away from this process with:
- A understanding of your body's unique language of SIBAM - Sensation, Imagery, Behavior, Affect and Memory.
- Increase your capacity and resilience by having resourceful experiences. In other words, we are building a bigger box. When you have increased capacity you have the space to release the traumatic energy without it being difficult or terrifying and it can actually be easy, playful, creative, and miraculous.
- You will learn about how the nervous system, musculoskeletal system, and the visceral/organ systems all hold aspects of traumatic experience/memory and how this can be causing a lot of symptoms or syndromes that traditional medicine struggles to treat.
The Dynamic Balance Process Includes:
- VIP Intake Session and Initial Personal History - 3hrs. Setting of treatment goals and process orientation.
- 24 Weekly sessions up to 90min each.
- Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) See details below.
- Email access to Niseema , via private secure client site.
- Daily/Weekly process integration and exercise/homework to deepen the experience.
- 3 additional check - in sessions via Zoom
- Copy of “Waking the Tiger” by Peter Levine.
- Personal Trigger Point Massage Ball.
This 6 month process is a perfect complement to psychotherapy in that many issues presented in psychotherapy have a biological origin and can be resolved through body oriented therapies like Somatic Experiencing, Polarity Therapy and Massage.
"I am a psychotherapist and was a colleague of Niseema at The DiMele Center for Psychotherapy and counseling. I have personally seen the positive outcome of Niseema's work with my clients. They have reported freedom from previous pain, increased agility, feelings of vitality and an ease in achieving the psychological/emotional goals. Niseema is a trusted professional, her work is safe and honest. I am proud to be her colleague." Ora Yemini-Morrison LCSW
The Dynamic Shift
An intensive 8 week process to manage acute issues or focus on a specific short term goal. Think of this process as triage where we assess your current state and what needs to be done now to help you get on a path towards healing. This process can be focused on a specific goal or skill building practice. We will develop a daily supported practice of skills like centering, grounding, boundaries, feeling safe and at ease again in your body. We will build on these skills as you work to integrate and regulate your nervous system. When you feel internal safety you can create and have external safety all the time.
You will take away from this process:
- Effective ways to directly influence your body's response to stressful and overwhelming experiences.
- An ability to listen to your body and it's needs.
- The start of a practice to take with you throughout your life.
"Niseema with her understanding of the complexities of the human being, interrelationships between mind and body and her ability to pull from her vast resources of healing approaches has guided me through a wonderful journey to a life with less pain, freer movement and clearer self awareness. I am deeply grateful to have had the privilege of working with her." J. C. Finance Manger
The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP)
The groundbreaking Safe and Sound Protocol, developed by Dr. Steven Porges, stimulates the functioning of the Social Engagement Nervous System by toning the structures of the middle ear to hear the human voice and sounds of safety. This protocol is very effective for individuals suffering with PTSD, ADHD, Misophonia, sound sensitivity, stress and generalized anxiety. The program is one month long and includes the following:
- Included in both the Dynamic Balance Process and The Dynamic Shift
- Take home protocol to be completed in 5 consecutive days (dependent upon client capacity and self-regulation.)
Clients who have used this protocol report:
One week after finishing protocol: "The first couple of days after were really intense. My ears were extra sensitive and being outdoors was uncomfortable. I relied on headphones and calm music to get through it. The subway used to make me nervous because I'd feel overwhelmed by the sound of the train screeching on the tracks. Now I can isolate the sounds of children laughing and pleasant conversation which put me at ease. When I'm in crowded places such as restaurants or stores I am able to focus on background music instead of feeling overpowered. I've also felt more comfortable in social situations and an overall state of calm. "
“There seems to be a better sense of control about my emotions and a sense of balance and calm. It has been extremely rewarding to be more deliberate and aware of my reactions. This change has improved the communication and conflict resolution in some of my most important relationships.”
"I have been enjoying social engagements! Even when there was eating, I have enjoyed many social interactions. Feeling pleased instead of drained. This program produced a deep sense of relaxation. As the days passed, it seemed like doors that had been jammed open got to close and my brain was processing sound in a different way."