Why would you choose DBBT?
- Have you ever had the feeling that you are trapped in your body?
- That your body is not meeting the needs and desires of your mind?
- Is your body a mystery that scares or disappoints you?
- Maybe you've just received a diagnosis that means a dramatic change in how you live or how long you will live.
- You may even be at the point where you feel you have to find some way to cope with your 'new normal' and you just don't know where to start.
OR you experience the following symptoms:
- Anxiety or Panic
- You startle easily and/or hyper-vigilant
- Suffer with chronic pain or chronic fatigue
- Frequent bouts of lethargy or exhaustion
- Digestive problems, IBS, Chrons, Colitis etc.
- Migraines, tension headaches, pain
How you feel about your body can be influenced by your culture, your genetics, your physical history from conception to the present time, accidents, surgeries, the environment and all that you have experienced in your life. Carolyn Myss states: "your biography is your biology."
In Dynamic Balance Bodywork Therapy I help you reconnect to your body by building your capacity to pay attention to it's sensations. As you become more aware of the effects your thoughts, experiences, and culture, (your biography) have had on your body (biology) you can begin to build a healthy relationship to your body, understanding how it communicates and how it heals.
I am a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP), and Board Certified Polarity Practitioner (BCPP). In every session I use these tools to best meet your needs in the moment.
In the past 12 years I have worked with:
- Cancer recovery
- Chronic pain (TMJD, migraines, neck pain, back pain, carpal tunnel)
- Trauma related anxiety from surgeries, accidents, abuse
- Idiopathic movement, dyskenesia
- Pain syndromes (Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue)
- Pre and Post natal relaxation and recovery
I have also been working as an adjunct to traditional psychotherapy, at The Positive Mind Center, providing appropriate touch to assist the healing of touch related trauma and psychosomatic pain.
"Fortunately, the same immense energies that create the symptoms of trauma, when properly engaged and mobilized, can transform the trauma and propel us into new heights of healing, mastery, and wisdom." Peter A. Levine, PhD